Use computer software to design plans for project specifications, assessments, and investigations. Create electronic versions of technical drawings produced by project engineers and managers. Work assignments are varied in nature and of considerable scope and complexity. Work will be performed on multiple projects simultaneously.
Will also work under the direction of project management and according to clear guidelines, provide field support for proposals, specifications, construction administration and assessments. Work includes recording measurements, observing construction work in progress, making and repairing investigative openings in building construction, taking photographs, etc. Work is typically performed on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Use CADD software to create, modify and process technical drawings from field notes and hand sketches. Communicate with engineers and technicians about the properties of drawings. Work is reviewed by peers or by more experienced staff as a quality procedure. Print, bind and prepare physical copies of drawings.
• Collect field data for use in various aspects of consulting/engineering services, such as proposals, specifications, assessments, and investigations. Field data consists of measurements for roof plans and details. Data collection is done under the direct guidance of a project manager or more senior staff and within clear guidelines.
• Perform monitoring during construction projects to ensure that contractors do work according to specifications provided by engineers. Note discrepancies and report them to engineering project manager or a more senior person for resolution. Document observations in a written report, which is reviewed by a project manager and then distributed to the client, contractor, and other parties.
• Assist with assessments and investigations. Duties may include assembly of testing apparatuses, performing and repairing destructive openings in roofing and wall systems, performing water testing, carrying tools/ladders, and other physical tasks.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills + Knowledge:
• Full knowledge and understanding of Autodesk® software, concepts, and procedures.
• Working knowledge of materials and installation processes used in construction projects.
• Ability to understand project specifications, drawings, submittals, and other documentation, identify discrepancies between actual construction + project requirements, and articulate these discrepancies both verbally and in written reports.
• Have working knowledge of equipment used in assessments and investigations, including an infrared camera, electrical capacitance meters, water testing units, etc.
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
• (Microsoft) Word processing skills.
Education + Training:
• High School graduate or equivalent. Technical school with an Associate degree in computer-aided drafting/design preferred.
• Formal technical program or equivalent experience.
• Typically, two (2) or more years in a related field, preferably with a consulting and/or an engineering firm. Formal educational or technical program in a relevant field or relevant certifications may count towards experience.
Physical + Environmental Demands:
• Work in a sitting position in an office environment.
• Sufficient physical ability to perform moderate lifting (approximately 50 pounds maximum).
• Ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to climb ladders.