Working under the direction of Project Managers, provide Contract Administration support for active projects, assist with fieldwork related to generating proposals, provide reviews of Contract Documents, and conduct building enclosure assessments. Work includes generating detailed written reports, collecting field data such as measurements, observing and documenting construction work in progress, reviewing submittals, RFI’s, reviewing Quality Assurance Observation Reports, applications for payment, taking photographs, etc. Work is typically performed on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Field Work Responsibilities
• Perform building enclosure assessments of properties to ascertain, existing material conditions, quantities, sizes and develop repair scopes and construction estimates for use in proposals and reports.
• Perform documented assessments or investigations of existing conditions which may include destructive openings, specialized water/air or smoke testing, moisture/capacitance/infrared surveys.
* Provide assistance with the preparation of Contract Documents.
• Aid the Project Manager with the project fieldwork, which may include, collecting measurements, destructive openings, reviewing/verifying As-Built Drawings with actual field conditions.
* Perform Contract Administration duties which may include the following:
• Review Contractor’s Project Submittals.
• Attend and document preconstruction meetings with the Project Manager, Contractors, and Owner’s Representatives to review the project, goals, expectations, owner's restrictions, and schedules.
• Perform periodic construction monitoring during the work to ensure the Contractor’s work is following the Contract Documents and communicate observed deficiencies with the contractor for resolution.
• Review Observation reports and validate observations with the Contract Documents, and approved Contractor submittals.
• Document and discuss conditions that may result in a Change Order with the Project Manager.
• Document RFI’s during the project implementation, while engaging the Project Manager or Engineer for assistance or clarification.
• Assist the PM with identifying, evaluating, and implementing potential solutions to resolve conflicts identified during the work.
• Assist the Project Manager with collecting the project closeout documents and preparing the Project Closeout Packages.
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills + Knowledge:
• Have working knowledge of materials and installation processes used in roofing, wall, and other enclosure assemblies.
• Ability to understand project specifications, submittals, and other documentation, identify discrepancies between actual construction and project requirements, and articulate these discrepancies both verbally and in written reports.
• Have working knowledge of equipment used in assessments and investigations, including an infrared camera, electrical capacitance meters, water testing units, etc.
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
• (Microsoft) Word processing, Excel spreadsheets, Adobe, Bluebeam, and general computer skills.
Education + Training:
• High school graduate.
• Formal technical program or equivalent experience.
• Has or working toward Registered Observer certification(s).
• Two (2) or more years of relevant experience, preferably with a consulting and/or engineering firm.
• Four (4) years of industry experience (engineering consulting, building envelope/enclosure, roofing, etc.).
• Formal technical program in a relevant field or relevant certifications may count towards experience.
Physical + Environmental Demands:
• Sufficient physical ability to perform moderate lifting (approximately 50 pounds maximum).
• Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to climb a ladder.
• Work is primarily outside.